Women’s Anxiety Treatment
Women are twice as likely as men to develop an anxiety disorder. Our proven treatment program helps you to overcome worry and fear for a healthy, happy future.
Anxiety Disorders We Treat
Everyone feels nervous from time to time, but women with anxiety disorders experience overwhelming fear that disrupts day-to-day functioning. They feel so preoccupied with dread that they can’t live the way they want. Often, these women attempt to alleviate anxiety through the use of drugs or alcohol, resulting in a co-occurring substance use disorder.
At Rising Roads, we provide comprehensive treatment for all major anxiety disorders. Conditions we treat include:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Panic disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Postpartum anxiety (PPA)
- Substance-induced anxiety disorder
Anxiety Symptoms in Women
Symptoms of this condition manifest differently among female and male sufferers. Our gender-specific program acknowledges the unique way that women experience anxiety. This philosophy informs our diagnostic assessments and our treatment approach.
While symptoms vary from person to person, experiencing any of the following may be a sign that professional anxiety treatment is needed.
- Unshakeable feelings of worry, fear, or doom
- Gastrointestinal distress
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty concentrating
- Irritability (feeling “on edge”)
- Grinding teeth while sleeping
- Muscle tension
- Irregular sleep schedule (sleepless nights, insomnia)
- High heart rate and rapid breathing, especially when worrying
- Persistent exhaustion and fatigue
- Sweating or shaking when faced with a triggering situation
- Increased anxiety related to the menstrual cycle or childbirth
Find Peace and Healing at Rising Roads Recovery
Whether your anxiety began after a traumatic event or has troubled you for your entire life, we can help. The clinical experts at Rising Roads Recovery know what it takes to overcome your fears and regain control of your thoughts. We utilize best-in-class therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), accelerated resolution therapy (ART), and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT). Through a combination of individual and group sessions, we foster an environment of trust, safety, and healing.
To learn more about our women’s anxiety treatment program, contact our admissions team.